As we embark on our 6th year, we’re implementing a few ‘lessons learned’ and offering options for 2017-18 athletes to choose from. Everyone has different goals, so it’s our hope that everyone finds their niche!
- Track and Field Performance Training $150 Per Month Membership
- Long and Triple Jump Training $35 Per Session
- Drop-in Training - $35/session
Travel Team. This program is for the competitive track athlete that wants to compete in meets. The primary goal of this program is to train for competition, improve technique/form and increase linear speed. Track meets will likely be in Fredericksburg, Richmond, Hampton, Norfolk, Landover, Gaithersburg, and Prince George. Registration includes all training as well as the meet fees listed on the Travel Team schedule up to State Meet for AAU or USATF. Starting with the State Meet, the meet fees will be extra. Individual seasons will be over after non-advancement of a qualifying meet (aka State or Regionals).
Travel & Local Track ~ Comparisons & What’s Included. For both programs, you’ll receive the same training and likely at the same time/place each week. We will practice 3-4 times per week until meets start. We will practice 2-3 times per week after meets start. As mentioned, the meet schedules are entirely different between the Local and the Travel teams.
Registration for both the Local and Travel programs include training, facility rental fees, use of our MVP T&F training gear (when coach approved, such as jumping blocks, hurdles and weights), and meet fee’s as described by program. Registration for both the Local and Travel programs does NOT include registration for the Great Train Race, USATF membership ($20/yr), AAU membership ($14/yr), spikes, trainers, or uniforms. NOTE: Do NOT obtain a USATF card, an AAU card, spikes or trainers without consulting Coach Maurice first. Not everyone needs both membership cards. As for shoes, all athletes will need quality training shoes (aka ‘trainers’). Spikes are optional for the Local team, but there are many options to choose from and only Coach can help you identify the proper spikes for your athlete. Uniforms will be sold via a MVP online store.
Drop-In Training. This option is for the busy athlete that can only train when his/her schedule permits. Simply come to practice when you’re able. Payment must be made prior to the start of practice.
- Travel or Local – who decides? What’s best for my kiddo? Ultimately the choice between local and travel lies with the parent. If you are unsure what’s best, Coach Maurice would be happy to discuss with you directly.
- Does MVP T&F offer field events too? Yes. We offer training in Long Jump, High Jump, Triple Jump and Javelin. If you have an interest in other field events, please come talk with us. We are open to other events if the interest is there.
- Will practices be held at the same place every time? No. we like to put athletes through different workouts throughout the season. We will mostly practice at a local school track, but it’s likely that we’ll also practice at Loriella for hill work, Legion Field for bleecher work, run the downtown trails for distance work, or other locations for a different twist.